Friday, December 7, 2007

Confessions of a Pioneer Woman

Today I would like to change up the topics a little and talk about something a little different. I have been reading other peoples blogs for quite awhile now and I have come across some really good blogs. So I would like to tell you about my favorite blog.

It is called Confessions of a Pioneer Woman. The author is a woman named Ree who lives on a working cattle ranch. She writes about herself, her children and family, and many other topics as well. I haven't missed a day of reading since I have come across this blog. It is the first web page in my list of favorites and I highly recommend it to anyone. Confessions of a Pioneer Woman has something for everyone, funny kids' stories, loads of great pictures, and much more.Ree has a great writing style, her tone is light-hearted most of the time, and she comes across as open and friendly.

To be frank, Ree was actually my motivation for starting this blog of mine. I have never met her, nor spoken with her. I don't think I have ever commented on her blog, up until now I didn't tend to write anything to anyone. I was the type who would read and enjoy, but never reply. But Ree has such a great style of writing, I decided that if I was ever going to come close to writing even half as well as her, I needed to practice my writing and hopefully improve one day.

So, if you enjoy funny stories, great recipes, and awesome pictures, I highly recommend that you take a minute and check out Ree's blog at Confessions of a Pioneer Woman. I am confident that you will enjoy her blog as much as I do. Oh, check out her calender too, she has some awesome pictures in it, it is a reasonable price, and if I had any income at all that calender would be hanging up on my wall right now.

9 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

This is one of my favorite blogs too. She is so normal and yet so bright and confident. How does she manage to do it all?

Heidi said...

Hi, got to here from your comment on Ree's blog. I agree--she's extremely talented and such an inspiration.

Junebug said...

Exactly how I started my blog too. Didn't know they existed until I read hers and I thought "wow" I can do this too. It's so fun.

Anonymous said...

I love her blog. I just read it and it was very wonderful. I did the CatAge ad. Hint: Never ask the questions out loud in a classroom full of 20 students and 1 teacher during computer class. :D

Dana D said...

I love the Pioneer Woman's blog, too! And I agree, she's quite a writer. Oh, to have her writing abilities! A girl can dream, right?

The Park Wife said...

We have alot in common:
http://theparkwife.blogspot.com/2007/12/campaign-for-pw-best-friend-spot.html
She is awesome, isn't she? She is why I started to blog too.

Anonymous said...

Same as Heidi -- came here from Pioneer Woman. Ree was also my inspiration to start writing not just a blog but a book.

I'm a Stumbler so I'm marking your page with a thumbs up.

Mine is at www.youownyourhealth.com.

Lass said...

Hopped over here from the comment in Ree's post. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! :)

Amelia said...

I agree Ree is quite the writer. I believe many of us bloggin' women are jealous of her "creative' writing ability. If we could only write about our lives and make them that interesting instead of the mundane. I am speaking about my self.

We will just have to keep reading her blog and soak it up like a sponge.